Friday, December 6, 2013

Fat Head's Pimp My Sleigh (9/10)

This Belgian strong dark ale is produced by Fat Heads Brewery of Cleveland, Ohio.

It pours a dark brown with a thin beige head.

The flavor is sweet and malty with notes of honey, clove, and a touch of orange zest.  The hops presence is perfectly balanced with the sweeter and spicier elements of the flavor, resulting in what is probably one of the best Christmas ales out there.

The Beer Advocate reviewers rate Pimp My Sleigh 87/100, which is pretty much in line with my 9/10 rating.

Because this is a seasonal beer, you might not find it outside the holidays. I found it at World of Beer in Easton in January 2013, and it's currently available (December 2014) at The Daily Growler in Upper Arlington.



Flavor Profile:

Sweet, Malty, Dry, or Bitter:  Slightly sweet and malty
Spice Level:  Moderate
Hops Level: Low
Dominant Flavors:  Honey. clove, and orange zest

IBU:  30
ABV: 10.5%
My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment