Friday, September 6, 2013

Hoof Hearted Chipotle Permafrost Wheat Porter (7/10)

Hoof Hearted Brewing is a relatively new Columbus area brewer (located in Marengo, Ohio).  Their Permafrost Wheat Porter is brewed with coffee and chipotle peppers.

It's coffee colored with an off-white head that doesn't last long.  The aroma is that of very strong coffee.

The flavor is that of a very rich coffee, with some hops presence that's offset by the coffee and the mild chipotle pepper burn.  Overall, I like the flavor a lot but can't imagine drinking more than one of these in a single sitting.

Beer Advocate and Rate Beer don't have enough ratings yet for this beer to quote their numbers.  The few comments there, however, indicate that people like the beer and consider it very drinkable.

I sampled this beer at The Daily Growler in Upper Arlington in early March 2013.  As far as I know, Hoof Hearted doesn't offer their beer in bottles yet, as I've not seen any on store shelves.

ABV:  6.66%
IBU: unknown, but I'd guess in the mid 20's
My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment