Friday, September 20, 2013

Ommegang Witte (9/10)

Ommegang Witte pours a barely cloudy pale yellow with a thin white head that lingers for a while.  It's a Belgian White or "witbier" style.

The aroma is a little bit of pine and citrus.

Flavor starts with a lemony note which continues through.  Hops presence takes a definite back seat here, and is just noticeable in the flavor.  Finish is clean and the orange flavor makes an appearance.  There's a hint of spice as well.

This is everything I like in a Belgian white beer.

Beer Advocate gives it a 78-85 (average to good).  Rate Beer gives it an 88.

I tried this beer at The Daily Growler.  I've not seen it on the shelves at any of the local retailers I've visited, though Ommegang's other products are well-represented at most retailers.

ABV:  5.2%
IBU:
My Rating: (9/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment