Friday, February 22, 2013

Granville Brewing The Betrayer (6/10)

Granville Brewing (located, of course, in Granville, Ohio) produces The Betrayer, a Tripel brewed with honey.

It pours a slightly cloudy amber with a finger-thick white head that disspates relatively slowly and leaves behind considerable lacing.

The aroma yeasty and slightly sweet.

The flavor starts mildly sour and bitter, drops into a very subtle Belgian spiciness, and finishes mildly hoppy.  I had no problem finishing the 22-ounce bottle, but I can't say this was my favorite tripel by any means.  I prefer mine sweeter, spicier, and a bit less hoppy. this is not to say The Betrayer is bad.  It isn't.  It just doesn't fit my profile of what a tripel should taste like.  I'm sure there are others who would disagree.

ABV: 9.5%

IBU:  unknown, maybe 27-28

My Rating:  6/10

(Found locally at Ale Wine and Spirits of Powell)

No comments:

Post a Comment