Sunday, December 2, 2012

Wells Bombardier Premium Ale (7/10)

Wells Bombardier is an English Style Bitter (ESB) produced by Wells and Youngs of Bedford, England.  It's described as "an iconic real beer loaded with distinct English brilliance. Like me, it's the epitome of impeccable taste and great character. The rich, full-bodied nectar is a lingering reward for the ol' tonsils."

Bombardier pours a clear brown color with a tan head. The aroma is is a mix of yeast, mild hops, and malt.

The flavor matches the aroma. It starts out balanced, turns a touch hoppy, and then back to balance again. If anything, it's a touch malty. All things considered, I like it, and I would be quite happy to have it again. On the other hand, it is somewhat generic... Hops, malt, and yeast are pretty much all you get here.

Beer Advocate rates it an 86/100, or good. I agree with them on this one. It is a good beer... Not amazing or fantastic, but good.  I'm giving it a 7/10.

I don't recall where I purchased this, but it was most likely Kenny Road Market or The Andersons General Store.

ABV: 5.2%
IBU: 30 (approximately, per this video)
My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment