Friday, December 14, 2012

Ayinger Oktoberfest (9/10)

The brewmasters at Ayinger must have a similar taste in beer to my own.  Their Celebrator Double Bock is one of my favorite beers, and I really enjoy their Brau Weisse.  It's not a surprise that Ayginer Octoberfest is a beer I really enjoyed as well.

This Marzen style beer is an orangey brown in color, with a finger-thick head that lasts a bit, and leaves behind a lot of lacing.  I couldn't pick up any signficant aroma.

The flavor starts off sweet and very malty, with a touch of roasted grain.  It's balanced with just a tiny touch of hops.  Overall, a very enjoyable beer that's easy to drink... and one I definitely recommend.

Beer Advocate rates it a 91/100 or "exceptional".  Interestingly it's the beer pictured on Wikipedia for the Marzen style!

I tried this at The Winking Lizard Tavern on Bethel Road, but have seen it at Kenny Road Market and other retailers.

ABV: 5.8%
IBU: 21
My rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment