Thursday, December 20, 2012

Goose Island Christmas Ale (5/10)

Goose Island's Christmas Ale pours a dark brown with a beige head about a finger thick.

The aroma is yeasty and hoppy.

The flavor starts off with a medium hops level which yields briefly to some ginger and spices, then reverts to hops bitterness.

It is milder than some Christmas Ales and more bitter than others. There is a malty sweetness to it, but the hops and ginger nearly cancel it out.

Beer Advocate rates it 86-90. Rate Beer gives it an even higher rating. As for me, I find it OK but too bitter for my taste.

I had this at The Winking Lizard Tavern on Bethel Road, but have seen it for sale at Kenny Road Market and some other retailers during the holiday season.

ABV: 6.2%
IBU: unknown, best guess 33
My Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment