Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Southern Tier 422 Wheat Ale (6/10)


Southern Tier Brewing's 422 is described as a wheat ale. It's pale yellow in color with a thin white head that dissipates quickly and leaves no lacing on the glass.

The aroma reminds me of Dogfish Head Ta Henket, without the musty note that beer has. The flavor is a good balance of citrus sourness and hoppy bitterness. It's probably right "at" my limit of bitterness. WIth the juice of the provided lemon slice, the balance is just perfect for me.

Beer Advocate rated it only 79/100.

It's a beer I look forward to having again.

I've seen this available at Kenny Road Market, and other Southern Tier products at Whole Foods Market in Upper Arlington.

ABV: 5.8%
IBU: 23
My rating: 6/10 (but 8/10 with the juice of the lemon slice added to it)

No comments:

Post a Comment