Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Left Hand Fade to Black Volume 3 (7/10)

Left Hand Brewing Company makes some great products.  Their Milk Stout and Milk Stout Nitro are excellent.  The peach infused beer that brewmaster Boner Gibbs let me sample at the Columbus Beer Festival in January was delicious (and this from a guy who is indifferent toward most peach products).  It is no surprise, then, that I enjoy Fade to Black.

Fade to Black Volume 3 is described on the label as a Pepper Porter.  It is a very dark brown beer, typical for a porter.  The flavor is malty at first, then turns slightly bitter at the end.  There is a touch of peppery spiciness in the aftertaste.  I'm looking forward to my next bottle.

Left Hand Fade to Black is available at Kenny Road Market and perhaps other local retailers.

ABV:  7.2%
IBU:  unknown
My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment