Friday, May 18, 2012

Left Hand Brewing Polestar Pilsner (7/10)

At the Columbus Beer Fest in January 2012, I had the good fortune to meet Left Hand's Brewmaster "Boner" Gibbs. He treated me to a sample of their peach-infused beer that was absolutely excellent.  I've made it a point to try all the Left Hand products I've bumped into since then.

Left Hand Brewing Company's Polestar Pilsner pours from the bottle a clean, clear amber color.  There is minimal head to it, and very little lacing as you drink it.

The flavor is fairly standard for a pilsner, with mild to moderate hoppiness to it.  It isn't my favorite pilsner, but it isn't bad.

Beer Advocate seems split on it, with site visitors giving it an 82 ("good") and the site owners rating it a 96 ("world-class").

Although I tried this beer at The Winking Lizard Tavern on Bethel Road, I have seen it for sale at Kenny Road Market.

ABV: 5.5%
IBU: 33
My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment