Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Great Lakes Eliot Ness (6/10)


Great Lakes' Eliot Ness is an amber Vienna style lager that pours a slightly reddish brown with a thick off-white head that dissipates relatively slowly and leaves behind considerable lacing on the glass.

The flavor is mildly hoppy. There is a slight sweetness and rich malty flavor hiding behind the hops. The aroma is hoppier than the actual beer.

I like it, but it's probably one I would not have as often, as it comes across a bit hoppier than I care for.

Beer Advocate rates it 91/100, or "exceptional".

Great Lakes beers are available at several local retailers. I've specifically seen Eliot Ness at Kenny Road Market, Cost Plus World Market, and Whole Foods Market in Upper Arlington.


ABV: 6.2%
IBU: 27
My rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment