Friday, January 3, 2014

Hinterland Bourbon Barrel Aged Doppelbock (7/10)

Green Bay, Wisconsin, is home to Hinterland Brewing, the makers of this Bourbon Barrel Aged Doppelbock.

It pours a clear mahogany with a beige head.

The aroma is caramel with a hint of bourbon, and sweet.

The flavor backs up the aroma.  The bourbon hit is stronger than the aroma betrays, but not at all unpleasant.  You'll get the oak from the barrels as well.  The finish is bitter.

Beer Advocate rates Hinterland Bourbon Barrel Doppelbock an 84/100 or "good".  RateBeer also gives it an 84/100. My own rating is 7/10.  I like it, but there are Bourbon barrel beers and doppelbocks I like better.

I purchased this beer at Savor Growl on Indianola.  I've seen other products from this brewery at  Ale Wine and Spirits in Powell and other Columbus area retailers.


ABV: 7.5%
IBU: Unknown, but I'd estimate around 27
My Rating:  7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment