Friday, November 15, 2013

Elevator Brewing Co. Horny Goat Porter (8/10)

Columbus, Ohio, is home to Elevator Brewery, the brewers of Horny Goat.

Horny Goat is a porter aged in oak barrels.

It pours a reddish dark brown with an  off-white head.

Flavor starts with a balance of hops and oaky vanilla, gets sweeter and maltier, and finishes with a slight hops bitterness

Beer Advocate gives it an 80-84 or "good" ratingRate Beer is slightly harsher on it, giving the beer a 72 overall and a 48 for the style.  Both of these are in the ballpark of my own 8/10 rating.

I sampled this at The Daily Growler in mid-March 2013.  I've seen the beer for sale in bottles at Kenny Road Market and Whole Foods in Dublin (inside the Beer Cave).

ABV: 7.5%
IBU: Unknown, but I'd guess low 30's or high 20's
My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment