Friday, November 8, 2013

Dayton Beer Company Mad River Milk Stout (7/10)

Dayton Beer Company of Dayton, Ohio, produces Mad River Milk Stout.  They've been brewing beer for over 50 years, all without any automation in their processes.

Mad River Milk Stout is described as a Sweet Stout.

It pours a pitch black with a thin tan head.  The aroma is of yeast and citrus.  The flavor starts sweet, creamy, and chocolatey.  It finishes smoky and slightly bitter.  The bitterness lingers long after you finish drinking it.

There are too few ratings on Rate Beer for them to post any yet, but the few that are there average out around 15 out of 20, which is comparable to my own rating for it.

I sampled this at The Daily Growler in Upper Arlington in mid-March 2013.  I've not seen any of Dayton Beer Company's products for sale in the Columbus area except on draft.

ABV: 5.8%
IBU: unknown, but I'd rate it in the upper 20's or low 30's
My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment