Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Goose Island Pere Jacques (10/10)

Pere Jacques is made by Goose Island Beer Co. of Chicago, Illinois.  It’s a Belgian Dubbel style beer.

I pick up yeast in the aroma, and little else.

The color is a reddish brown, which Goose Island describes as “warm molasses”.

It starts with a strong alcohol warmth to it, followed by a malty, caramel sweetness with hints of Belgian style spices and raisins.  It finishes with just the faintest touch of hops and a bit more alcohol warmth.  It is a positively excellent beer for my personal taste.  I will definitely be putting it into my regular rotation.

Beer Advocate’s visitors rate it 88/100 or “good”.  Reviewers there describe it as complex, drinkable, and tasty.  Some described it as boring and not complex enough.  Ultimately, you’ll have to try it yourself to see what you think.

I've seen this at a number of local retailers.

ABV:  8.2%
IBU:  26
My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment