Friday, October 26, 2012

St. Peter's Cream Stout (7/10)

St. Peter's Cream Stout is made by the St. Peter's Brewing Company in the U.K.  It's delivered in an unusual looking green bottle, pictured at the left.

The aroma is that of chocolate and hops. The color is nearly black, as you would expect for a stout. There is a decent light brown head that quickly dissipates.

The flavor starts with a molasses sourness, with a light grain and hops bitterness.  That initial bitterness gives way to rich malt and some chocolate. The mouth feel is very thick and creamy. There is also a strong toasted grain note.

I like stouts, but they aren't my favorite beer style, and that will be reflected in my overall rating... which is a 7/10, but there are only a couple of stouts i would rate higher than that, such as Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro and Hitachino Nest Sweet Stout.

Beer Advocate rates this one 87-89/100 or "good".

I purchased this bottle at the Whole Foods Market near Sawmill and Rt. 161.  I've also seen it at Giant Eagle Market District at Kingsdale, Kenny Road Market, and Weiland's Gourmet Market.

ABV:  6.5%
IBU:
My rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment