Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dark Horse Sapient Trip Ale (6/10)

Belgian style tripels and quadruples are among my favorite styles of beer. Sapient Trip Ale is Dark Horse Brewing (of Marshall, Michigan) Company's version of the Belgian Tripel style.

It pours a somewhat pale gold color with a respectable head of whipped cream like foam.

The flavor is slightly off balance, tending toward hops. It is slightly sour, and slightly spicy. Hops bitterness is the dominant flavor. It's too dominant to suit me. I would rate it a 6/10. I really want to love this one, but I just don't.

Toward the end of the bottle, the beer is very cloudy with bits of white, grainy sediment throughout.

The Beer Advocate visitors, who like hoppier beers in general, rate this an 83/100, or "good".

I believe I purchased this at the Kenny Road Market or The Andersons General Store.

ABV: 9.5%
IBU: 30
My Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment