Friday, October 19, 2012

Heavy Seas Mutiny Fleet Plank II (10/10)


Much like Dogfish Head, Clipper City Brewing Company in Maryland is becoming one of my favorite breweries. Their Heavy Seas beers always seem to be a "best of breed" to me.

Plank II is no exception. It is a Dopplebock style beer, aged with Poplar and Eucalyptus planks. The woody notes jump right out at you from the start, but they are a pleasant addition to the malty sweetness of the beer. They give it a perfect balance. If I had to pick a few beers to be stranded with on a desert island, this would very likely be one of them.

Visitors to the Beer Advocate site rate it an 86, or "good".

I don't recall where I purchased this one, but Kenny Road Market or The Andersons General Store seems most likely.

ABV: 8.5%
IBU: unknown, but I would rate about 15
My rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment