Saturday, July 21, 2012

Victory Brewing Co. V-Twelve (10/10)


Victory's V-12 is a Belgian style Quadruppel, delivered in a large 24.5 ounce corked bottle. It pours a beautiful reddish brown, with an off white head that dissipates quickly, leaving behind a moderated amount of lacing.

When you take a sip, the first thing that hits you is a malty caramel sweetness, with a touch of apricot. This is followed by a bit of Belgian spice, a touch of hops, and a warming alcohol afterglow. It is really a delicious beer, and my hat is off to Victory. This is a beer I want to drink when I can.

The visitors to Beer Advocate agree with me, rating it a 90/100 or "exceptional".

I typically find this at The Andersons General Store, and sometimes bump into it elsewhere.



ABV: 12% or more, per the brewer
IBU: unknown, but I would guess 20 or below
My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment