Friday, July 20, 2012

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout (8/10)

Samuel Smith Brewery is one of my favorites.  I've had many of their products over the years, and I've yet to find one I disliked.  Even as much as I dislike IPAs, their IPA was still quite drinkable.  Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout is no exception.

Poured from the bottle, it is a deep brown color (almost black) with a thin, light brown head.  The flavor has a nice balance of malty sweetness and hops bitterness, with hints of coffee and chocolate to the flavor.

Beer Advocate rates it a 94 or 95 out of 100, and describes it as a "world class" beer.  I can't argue with that.

This beer can be purchased locally at Whole Foods in Upper Arlington, Giant Eagle Market District at Kingsdale, or Kenny Road Market.
ABV: 5%
IBU: 32
My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment