Friday, July 22, 2016

Actual Brewing Temporal Abbey Ale (6/10)

Back in late March, I picked up a bottle of Actual Brewing's Temporal Abbey Ale.  This review is based on notes taken at the time I sampled it.

Temporal pours amber color with some orange to it. It has a creamy beige head that lasts a while.

The aroma is malty with a hint of sourness to it.

The flavor starts with malt and hops in balance and then the hops swells up slightly and a kind of sour funk appears. The finish is bitter and lingers a bit. On balance, it's not what I expect from an abbey ale so I can't say I'm overly fond of it.

As of this writing, there are only 3 reviews on Beer Advocate.  These score it at 3.79, 2.81, and 3.82 out of 5.  If you average those scores and convert them to a 10-point scale like the one I use, it works out to a 6.94.  So other reviewers seem to like Temporal a little more than I do, but not a lot.

I've seen this beer on a number of store shelves around town, most notably Kenny Road Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment