Friday, June 28, 2013

Epic Sour Apple Saison (5/10)

Epic Brewing, located in Salt Lake City, Utah, produces this Belgian style Saison ale.

The aroma is of cinnamon and apples.

The flavor is a touch sour like many saisons, but then becomes bitter, and finishes sour.  I got hints of sour apple and cinnamon, but these were far milder flavors than you might expect given the name of the beer.  I can't say that I really loved it, but it wasn't terrible either.  I'm giving it a 5/10.

Beer Advocate rates Epic Sour Apple Saison 81-83 out of 100.  I guess they liked it a bit more than I did.

I tried this locally at The Daily Growler in Upper Arlington, but have seen it on the shelves at The Andersons General Store, Cost Plus World Market at Tuttle (the source of the photo at the left), Giant Eagle Market District at Kingsdale.  Whole Foods Market may carry it, since they have a good selection of Epic's products, but I did not see it there on a recent visit.

ABV: 8.1%
IBU: unknown
My Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment