Friday, May 24, 2013

Cain's Bitter (6/10)

Cain's Bitter is an English style bitter beer from Robert Cain and Company in the UK, delivered in an aluminum can as reviewed here.

It pours a deep brown with a light brown head that is thin but persistent.  It leaves behind a thin ring of thick lace as you drink it from the glass.

The flavor features a smoky bitterness, some dark chocolate, malty sweetness, and a creamy note to it.  The hops bitterness serves to balance this out well, resulting in a decent brew overall.  It's nothing I'd get too excited about.

I've not seen this particular beer on any of the local retailers' shelves I've visited. However, I did see another Cain's product on the shelves at The Anderson General Store.

ABV: 4%
IBU: unknown
My rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment