Friday, May 10, 2013

Barley's Point of Origin Belgian Style Ale (9/10)

Barley's Brewing Company released a Belgian style ale last year called Point of Origin, which was probably my favorite of their products at the time.

It poured a clear amber color with no head or lacing.

The flavor was exactly what you'd expect for a Belgian ale.  There was a nice balance of hops to malt, and the usual Belgian spice flavors behind it. It is an excellent brew, and I recommend trying it if you get the chance.  (I went back a couple of months later and bought a growler full, which didn't last long!)

This beer isn't available in bottles, to my knowledge, which is unfortunate.  It's only available in their two restaurant locations.  One of these is on High Street across from the Convention Center (and is where this photo was taken).  The other is on Riverside Drive in Grandview.

ABV: 7.6%
IBU: unknown
My rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment