Friday, March 18, 2016

New Belgium Long Table Farmhouse Ale (7/10)

I'm a fan of New Belgium Brewing since first trying their beer at the brewery in Fort Collins.  I was very happy when they entered Ohio, then sad that they didn't bring in my favorite beers.  Their Cascara Quad and Abbey ales were my favorite.  Since then both have made it to Ohio.

Long Table is New Belgium's farmhouse ale. 

It pours a hazy gold with a thick, whipped cream like white head that lasts an unusually long time.

The aroma is loaded with citrus and wheat malt, and what seems to be noble hops.

The flavor starts mildly hoppy, citrusy, and lightly malty. The hops bitterness is slightly dominant.

Beer Advocate rates the beer 85 or "very good".  Rate Beer gives it a 68 overall, which equates to my rating of 7 out of 10.  I like the beer but don't love it. I much prefer their Trippel, Abbey, or Cascara Quad.

The beer is 6.2% alcohol by volume and is rated at 20 IBUs.

It can be found at many central Ohio retailers.  I've seen it at Giant Eagle and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment