Friday, June 12, 2015

Finch's Golden Wing Blonde Ale (4/10)

Finch's Beer Co. of Chicago, Illinois, produced Golden Wing Blonde Ale.  This American Blonde Ale was described as "easy drinking and approachable" by the brewery.  I tried it back in June 2013, and it took me until now to write about it.  You'll have to take my word for it, as it is no longer being brewed.

It pours a slightly cloudy pale gold color with thick white head that lasts a minute or two.

The aroma and flavor pretty much tell you this is an "American" blonde ale.  It's all about the hops, which means I really don't care for it.  I get a little sweetness, a little malt, but mostly just a big mouth full of hops bitterness.

The beer didn't get the best ratings from Beer Advocate or Rate Beer either.  Beer Advocate rated it a 76 or "okay" (and those tend to be people who love hoppy beers).  Rate Beer gave it only a 47, which puts them in the ballpark with my 4 out of 10 rating.

You can no longer buy this beer, unless you find an old can somewhere on a store shelf.  That's probably just as well.  It doesn't appear that most reviewers (myself included) thought much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment