Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The World's Top Ten Selling Beers

Mainstreet.com posted an article last June (but I only discovered it this week) listing the top ten best-selling beer brands in the world.  I thought it was an interesting list, so I'll echo it here.  If you want to learn more about the beers listed, click the link above to visit the original article.

  1. Snow:  This is a very pale beer made by SABMiller in China.  It's described as a "basic light lager with a bit less potency."
  2. Tsingtao:  This is a Chinese beer that has 15% of the market there.
  3. Bud Light:  I'm sure you're familiar with this one, whether you like it or don't.
  4. Budweiser:  Another one I'm sure you've seen before.
  5. Skol:  Brewed by Carlsberg and a number of other countries, it's owned Anheuser-Busch.
  6. Yanjing:  Popular in Beijing but not well known in China outside that city.
  7. Heineken:  Brewed by a number of breweries around the world.  It's usually my best example to someone of what a "skunked" beer smells like.
  8. Harbin:  Brewed in China by Anheuser-Busch.
  9. Brahma:  This is one of Brazil's biggest beers.  I used to see it often when I lived there.
  10. Coors Light:  Brewed by MolsonCoors, it's considered "the only recession-proof beer on the planet" because it hasn't dropped in market share in the past five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment