Friday, January 9, 2015

5 Rabbit Cerveceria Muscat Wheat (8/10)

5 Rabbit Cerveceria in Bedford Park, Illinois, produces a line of Hispanic themed beers, including some based on chili peppers, frozen popsicle treats, and others. Muscat Wheat is a wheat beer brewed with Muscat grapes.

It pours a cloudy pale gold with thin white head.

Being a wheat beer, the malt itself gives very little aroma. The predominant aroma is the Muscat grapes.

Flavor is mild, as would be expected for a wheat beer, with a wine like fruity note. It's mildly sweet. Hops presence is virtually non-existent.

There aren't reviews for this beer on RateBeer or Beer Advocate at the time of this writing, so I can't give you a comparable rating elsewhere. I found it to be a pleasant, easy to drink beer. It reminds me some of some of Dogfish Head's Ancient Ales like Chateau Jiahu or Ta Henket. I'm giving the beer an 8/10.

I sampled this particular glass at The Daily Growler in Upper Arlington some time ago. I've not see it available for sale in bottles or draft since then.


Flavor Profile:
Sweet, Malty, Dry, Bitter, or Sour:
 Malty, Sweet
Spice Level:  None
Hops Level: Virtually none
Dominant Flavors: White Grape
ABV:  8.3%
IBU:  Unknown, but I’d estimate below 23
My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment