Monday, September 15, 2014

Dayton Beer Co. Pumpkin Party Ale (6/10)


Dayton Beer Company of Dayton, Ohio, produces Pumpkin Party Ale.
Pumpkin Party Ale is brewed with pumpkin, lactose, and spices to give it a complex flavor profile.

It pours a clear medium brown color with a thin white head that lingers a while.  The head leaves behind stripes of lacing as you drink it.

The aroma is that of a lightly spiced pumpkin pie.

The flavor opens a little on the hoppy side, but gives way to cinnamon and allspice.  The aftertaste is decidedly bitter.

I did not find any ratings of this on either of the major beer review sites.  You’re therefore stuck with my own 6/10 rating and your own taste buds.
I tried this beer on draft at The Daily Growler in October 2013, and this review written from my notes taken that day.  As of this writing, I’ve not seen any Dayton Beer Company products in Columbus retailers shops.  I’ve only seen them available in bars, restaurants, and growler shops.

Pumpkin Beer Flavor Profile:
Dominant Flavor (Beer, Spices, Pumpkin):  Beer
Pumpkin intensity:  Low
Spice intensity:  Medium
Malty or hoppy:  Borderline hoppy
Sweet, balanced, or dry:  Balanced
Dominant flavor:  Hops and spice
ABV:  6.1%
IBU:  Unknown, but I’d peg it in the 25-29 range
My Rating: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment